Wanted to do something quick for dinner. I had fresh ingredients in the fridge and found some flat rice noodles in the cupboard. And I had a vision of Chinese ‘stir-fry’. A quick search on the web brought up this recipe and it turned out yummy.
Chicken Stir Fry with Rice Noodles
- 300 grams Rice Noodles
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 medium Chicken Breasts Skinless and Boneless cut into strips
- 1/2 piece Red Capsicum
- 1/2 piece Yellow Capsicum
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 200 grams Mushroom Sliced
- 1 tbsp Ginger Shreded
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tsp Corn Starch
- few drizzle Sesame Oil
- In a medium-sized pan, bring water to boil and add the rice noodles and cook on medium heat for 2 to 4 minutes. Drain and stir in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- In a large wok, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil on high heat. Add chicken, salt and pepper and stir-fry for about 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In the same wok and bell peppers, broccoli and mushrooms and saute for a minute. Add ginger and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine water, soya sauce, tomato ketchup, and cornstarch. Add chicken, noodles and the mixture to the wok and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Check seasoning and adjust salt and pepper.
- While serving drizzle sesame oil.