The overripe bananas in the basket set me thinking… Why not have Mangalore Buns for breakfast.
- 3 medium Overripe Bananas used small yellow ( Elaichi ) bananas
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup Sour Curd
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Jeera
- 1 pinch Baking Soda
- 1 cup All purpose Flour You may require more depending upon the bananas
- 1 tbsp Gram Flour
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 pinch Salt
- Peel and cut Bananas into medium pieces and grind it along with the sugar.
- Mix baking soda and curd in a bowl and beat well.
- Mix together the banana mixture, crushed jeera, gram flour and all purpose flour. Gradually add the curd mixture and knead it to a soft dough.
- Keep it aside for 4-5 hours or preferably overnight to ferment.Once fermented the dough is ready. Make small balls and roll out into thick puris.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and deep fry the buns until golden brown on both sides.