A healthier version of the Banana Bread. I replaced over half of the refined flour with whole wheat flour. Since whole wheat flour absorbs moisture, I added some milk to get the right consistency.
Banana Walnut Bread
- Electric Oven
- Hand Blender
- 100 grams Whole Wheat Flour
- 90 grams Refined Flour
- 100 ml Oil
- 130 Grams Powdered Sugar
- 2 Nos Eggs
- 2 Medium Bananas
- 50 Grams Walnuts
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C. Grease the baking dish with oil and sprinkle flour all over it. Coat the flour on all sides and tap off the excess flour.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt into a bowl and keep aside.
- Peel and mash the bananas and keep aside.
- In another bowl mix the oil and powdered sugar. Beat the eggs well and mix in the vanilla essence.
- Add the flour to the oil and sugar mixture.
- Now fold in the eggs and mashed bananas. Gently fold in along with the milk. (Keep aside a tsp of milk)
- Add in the chopped walnuts. Mix gently. Dissolve the baking soda in 1 tsp of milk and combine into the batter
- Pour the batter into the greased dish and bake for 35-40 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check whether the cake is done.
- Remove from the oven and cool for about 10 minutes. Invert it into a steel rack to let it cool down completely.
- Slice and serve with a hot cup of tea or coffee.