It is summer time when you want to eat something light on your stomach. Also during this season, we use ingredients that have a cooling effect on the body. Here is a fish preparation using yoghurt as the base for the curry with fenugreek seeds.
Methi Fish (Curd Base)
- 500 grams Seer Fish Cubed Any fish of your choice can be used
- 1 tsp Methi Seeds (Fenugreek seeds)
- 1/2 tsp Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/4 tsp Tumeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Grated
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Grated
- 1 tsp Kasoori Methi
- 1 cup Thick Curd
- to taste Salt
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 tsp Rice Flour
- In a bowl add curd, chilly powder, Coriander powder, Cumin powder, turmeric powder, half of the chopped onion, salt, rice flour, grated ginger and garlic. Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the fenugreek seeds. Fry on a low flame till it becomes dark. Put off the flame. Separate the seeds from the oil by tilting the pan and discard the seeds. This method infuses the flavour of the seeds into the oil.
- Put the pan with the oil back on the flame. Fry the remaining chopped onions until golden brown.
- Reduce the flame and add the curd mixture stirring continuously. Bring it to boil.
- Gradually add the fish cubes one by one. Bring it to a boil and then add the Kasoori methi. Simmer till the fish has cooked.