It is easy to make sambhar if you make and store the sambhar powder. This sambhar powder has its other uses. Many vegetables and Prawn sukha ( a Prawn dish with dry spices) can be cooked using this sambhar powder.
- 250 g Dry Red Chillies Bedgi chillies
- 250 g Coriander Seeds
- 100 g Jeera Cumin Seeds
- 100 g Methi Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 bunch Curry Leaves 8 to 10 stalks
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida Powder Hing
- Remove the stalks of the chillies.
- Dry roast all the ingredients (except Asafoetida) separately.
- Let it cool to room temperature. Grind to a fine powder in a blender.