This is a simple recipe that can be made in less than an hour. You can make many variations by replacing the walnuts with nuts of your choice or with choco chips. It’s so addictive that it will disappear in minutes. It is our family favourite.
Servings: 5 persons
- Electric Oven
- Hand Blender
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter Melted and hot
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 Cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsps Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder Unsweetened
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts Broken into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Lightly grease an 8- inch square baking pan with butter and lightly dusted with flour cocoa mixture. Set aside.
- Combine hot melted butter, oil and sugar together in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk well for about a minute.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, whisking well after each addition and then stir in the vanilla, whisk until light in colour.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. (Do not overbeat).
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top out evenly
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the centre no longer jiggles. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool completely before slicing.
- Enjoy it plain or with a scoop of ice-cream.